Super Immunity Foods:A Complete Program to Boost Wellness, Speed Recovery and Keep Your Body Strong
Achieve Optimal Health with the Top 25 Immunity-Boosting Foods. Build immunity that beats disease and slows down aging while increasing your energy.
Who doesn't want fewer colds, softer skin, or youthful vitality? Frances Sheridan Goulart, author of the ever-popular Super Healing Foods, now brings you a program for the 25 foods that strengthen the body's six immune centers and help heal and reverse the most common ailments.
Focusing on the top 25 foods provides a simple plan that you can easily incorporate into your lifestyle. With delicious recipes and complete menus, the newer, healthier you is just within reach.. .
Did you know these food facts?
- Dicing fruit into smaller pieces keeps oxidation to a minimum and preserves vitamin C?
- Cooked broccoli is higher in the antioxidants called carotenes, but raw broccoli is higher in vitamin C?
- Apple peels are rich in a compound that helps to halt the growth of cancer cells.- Orange and tangerine rinds are a good source of probiotics for digestive health.
Table of contents
Introduction - Apples, Oranges, and Antibiotics: Understanding Immunity
Chapter 1: The Body's Six Immune Centers
1. Cardiovascular Center
2. Nervous Center
3. Glandular Center
4. Digestive/Detoxification Center
5. Musculoskeletar Center
6. Respiratory Center
Chapter 2: Immunity Boosters: The Top Twenty-Five Super Immunity Foods
Broccoli and Broccoli-Family Vegetables
Carrots, Citrus Fruits
Dark Leafy Greens
Green Food Powders
Figs and Dates
Garlic, Flaxseed, Legumes, Oats
Olives and Olive Oil
Herbs and Spices
Mushrooms, Potatoes, Sea Vegetables
Squash, Tomatoes, Soy Foods
Nuts and Seeds, Whole Grains, Yogurt
Chapter 3: Immunity Busters: Eating for Thirteen Health Conditions That Compromise Immunity
Acne and Other Skin Disorders
The Common Cold
Chapter 4: Your Super Immunity Program
Super Immunity Recipes
Super Immunity Menus
Putting It All Together: Super Immunity Foods in Action
More Books by Frances Sheridan Goulart...
* The Mother Goose Cookbook (Price, Stern & Sloan, 1970)
* How to Write a Cookbook -- and Sell It (Ashley Books, 1980)
* Vegetarian Cooking Made Easy (Alfred Books, 1981)
* The Ecological Éclair (Macmillan Books)
* The Vegetarian Weight-Loss Cookbook (Simon & Schuster)
* The Carob Way to Health: Using Nature's Chocolate Alternative (Storey Books)
* 101 Allergy-Free Desserts (Simon & Schuster)
* The Caffeine Book: A Users. and Abusers. Guide (Warner Books)
* Nutritional Self-Defense: How to Protect Yourself from Yourself and Your Environment (Scarsborough House)
* Eating To Win: Sports Psyching For the Weekend Athlete (Stein and Day)
* The Eating To Win Cookbook (Stein and Day)
Frances Sheridan Goulart, CCN, RTY is an author, editor, and certified clinical nutritionist (CCN). She has been Managing Editor of Natural Pharmacy, trade journal on alternative medicine for pharmacists, Contributing Editor of Alternative and Complementary Therapies, and Senior Writer for Dayle Haddon Concepts, a multimedia and e-commerce company for women (www.dayle.com). She was co-creator of one of the country's first natural foods cooking schools, The Potsanjammer School of Natural Cooking in Fairfield County, Ct . Her articles on health, nutrition and lifestyle have appeared in hundreds of magazines, journals, and newspapers including Shape, Veggie Life and Redbook. Her monthly 'Health Bits' column appeared in Complete Woman magazine for ten years.
Ms. Goulart also a certified yoga, pilates and yoga-lates teacher and director of The Yoga Coach and The Pilates Coach which offer classes and private instruction throughout Fairfield County.
She is at work on her third instructional video.
Ms. Goulart is married to the science fiction and mystery writer and comics historian Ron Goulart.